Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Riding Out a Great Day

Great day so far. Another new client is on board, an additional project won and then delayed (oh well, but still fun), a pass to the final round for a major RFP, and an existing client is being interviewed to appear on Good Morning America. Pretty sweet! And it’s only 5:00. Well, I did start at 6:00 today.

Anyway, good stuff. Working very hard on a lot of brand strategy and fulfillment. I find that working on branding efforts requires an immersion in the company’s strategy and target audiences. From there the value proposition and messaging kind of percolates, rising up into a verbal form. It’s best top have a few people working on this, enabling creative combustion to form a refined message.

Good Morning America represents a very significant opportunity for my client. Now I am hustling to get old video clips, books, media clips and a bio together so the client can close this opportunity. Once we get scheduled, it’s time for media training. I’ll have to get an expert familiar with TV to help out on that one.

BTW: If you think blogs don’t work for B2B, you’re dead wrong. Today’s new client came from the blog, someone whom I’ve never met before.

Well, I don’t want to lose momentum given how well the day’s going.

Sometimes business is like surfing. You have to ride the wave out as long as you possibly can, and when the surf’s good you keep going until you are drop-dead exhausted.

No, I am not a surfer, but I am the proud owner of a Boogie Board. Yes, I know what you are thinking, “What a sad sight, a bald, middle-aged guy boogie-boarding.” Understandable, but I don’t care. It’s an absolute blast, something I picked up in my childhood and recently re-engaged in. Since we’re in marketing, I’m even going to plug my Body Board company of choice, Wave Rebel!

OK, onward!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

del.icio.us: Save This Page