Thursday, June 01, 2006

Taking a Break

It was my birthday today, so I practiced what I preached and had a little fun. Lot’s of family, friends and colleagues pushed me to honor the day, too, so I listened. Worked for about four hours, and the rest was play. Had a bike ride on the Mt. Vernon trail and saw X3. All very enjoyable.

Sometimes by getting away you become more effective, and that’s why it’s important to honor down time. Human beings aren’t meant to go wire-to-wire without a break. While I recognize how important hard work is right now and will continue my efforts until this company is established, there must be relief here and there.

Things are going well. My client had a great MAVA presentation. And after seeing the accountant's first report, and reviewing pipe updates this week, I feel like we are moving in the right direction, and faster than I anticipated. The stars are aligning…

The person I wanted to bring on is seeing it, too, and we think things are going to work out. There is enough work for the summer, but also, now people are talking retainers. Nothing’s a done deal until it’s inked and I would not be so foolish to count my chickens before they hatched, but it’s hard not to feel positive about the direction of the company. There’s so much goodwill out there right now.

Friday is a busy day, lot’s of good stuff, good meetings. Looking forward to it.

1 Comments:

Blogger Winesmith said...

Congrats on the big day and all your other success. Looking forward to reading more.

11:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

del.icio.us: Save This Page