Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Politics? Uh, No.

One funny thing that has arisen lately has been people asking me if I am going into politics now, a result of my activism on behalf of the neighborhood. This is definitely not my intent.

I’ve lived in DC now for 14 of the past 15 years, and have avoided the political scene like the black plague. It doesn’t really seem to be an attractive lifestyle to me, or a group of people that I want to spend my life with for 50 hours a week. It’s just not my cup of tea, and I can’t imagine proactively seeking out a politician’s job.

That being said, I do believe in the Jeffersonian ideal of public service. And that’s what drove my publicity efforts last week on behalf of my neighbors. They needed and wanted the help so I provided it. If my community asks me to be of service(including elected office), I believe it’s my civic duty to provide that help. Don’t hold your breath, though.

To help out with future press requests, I’ve started requesting some of my neighbors to be spokespeople. I need to get back to business, and answering media calls (two more) for Huntington is getting to be time consuming.

Doing a major competitive analysis, messaging report, advertising deal, and PPT today. Oh yeah, still working on media training, too. Stamina is becoming an issue, and sleep is much needed. I am trying to pace myself, but by the time I get to Friday, I fear that exhaustion will have full grasp of me…

That’s Friday. We'll worry about that then... Today is today, and it’s on to the next right thing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

del.icio.us: Save This Page