Wednesday, May 31, 2006

A Woolly Day

Today was a Woolly day as I met with the managing director for Woolly Mammoth Theatre in Washington, DC. I love the tagline… Defy Convention! Very fitting for this progressive stage, one of the best production companies in the area. My wife and I are season ticket subscribers, and couldn’t be happier. If you haven’t experienced Woolly yet, check out “The Faculty Room” starting on June 5th.

So, as part of my activities I always work with two non-profits per year on a reduced cost or pro bono basis. Why? Because, it’s important to invest in the community. This is good corporate citizenship, doing the right thing.

There are by-products of good corporate citizenship. Doing the right thing also enables a company to develop a halo effect, which benefits its brand. Here is an Al Ries (co-authored the classic marketing book, “Positioning” with Jack Trout) article on Halo Effect marketing.

This year one of my recipients is Woolly Mammoth. One of the activities I will be promoting is the 2006-7 launch of Club Woolly, a special patron group, primarily in their twenties and thirties. Benefits include special events, discounts, backstage activities news and tidbits, and more. Sounds like a good deal to me.

On the promotion front, I am speaking at the Washington Independent Writer’s Conference on Saturday, June 10th. The topic is making money and developing personal wealth from writing.

1 Comments:

Blogger David T said...

Hi, Geoff!

I think it's great what you are doing for the community by supporting Woolly Mammoth. I sound designed the Faculty Room, and as an artist who has worked there on occaision, I really do appreciate the efforts of people like you. Thanks!

Michael

7:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

del.icio.us: Save This Page