Sunday, May 21, 2006

Which Car Are You?

How many times have I been in branding meetings and inevitably people start to use cars in an effort to convey the brand assets. The idea is to select a car that the company is most aligned to from a messaging perspective.

Note: No ever says, "You know, my company is the PT Cruiser of telecom equipment," or "We're the Pontiac Bonneville of government integrators." Right. No, it's always, "BMW" or "Mercedes." Well marketing fans, finally you no longer have to go through this excercise, instead you can refer your bosses and clients to the "Which Sports Car Are You?" test site.

To practice what I preach, I decided to try out my company. Check this out:

I'm a Lamborghini Murcielago!



"You're not subtle, but you don't want to be. Fast, loud, and dramatic, you want people to notice you, and then get out of the way. In a world full of sheep, you're a raging bull."

Caitlin, the sales manager says, "Yeah, that's you alright." Now that I know my true Lamborghini self, I can raise my rates!

Go ahead and take the Which Sports Car Are You? quiz.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I interviewed at a branding and naming agency a few years ago. They used to use flash cards to help non-creative types talk about branding and qualities of their brand. They, of course, had flash cards with different types of cars.

10:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

del.icio.us: Save This Page