Monday, November 27, 2006

Al Golin on the Biz, Brags

Want to read a great article? Check out Bull Dog Reporter's write up from Al Golin of Golin Harris fame on what lessons he's learned in the biz.

Some points I liked:

"I've always hated the cliché, 'If it ain't broke, don't fix it.' Everyone should have the courage to change things before they have to. John Kennedy said something I've always loved: 'The time to fix a roof is when the sun is shining.'"

"Doing good is good business. Over the years we've found that people would rather patronize a company that gives back to the community than one who doesn't. This doesn't take the place of a good product or service,but it really serves as a 'tie-breaker' when choices are made."

Excellent stuff. On the brags front, another front page WaPost business section story today (second week running for a cover piece, third week in a row for Post placement). Bonus mile for this week's winner, the Post coverage turned into a hit on ABC: We film on Friday.

The secret to my succees? There is none. I've got clients who have great stories to tell: I'm just the lucky guy who gets to tell the press about it. And for that I am fortunate.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

del.icio.us: Save This Page