Thursday, May 11, 2006

Midnight Oil

Midnight is upon us, and I am still at the work station kicking out deliverables. The RFP is in good shape, and the PPT got turned around in time for a 9 a.m. investor meeting. I feel like I can breathe again.

Start-up trend: Funny how people will say to you, “Man, that’s a big risk,” and then wish you luck, and hope you succeed. The polite thing to say is thank you, and I do just that. But the implication is that you may fail, and I just don’t get it. To me, success is not questionable, it’s definite. I feel it in my gut, a spiritual surety. So when I hear these things, I almost stare blankly at them, like a computer that’s fed an algorithm that's broken and jams the machine.

I just believe. If I didn’t believe, I could not take the leap of faith. I had been stewing on starting-up for more than a year, but finally events after a two week vacation this winter just spurred me on. It became obvious to me that this was the path. The morning of March 18th I became sure, and there was no uncertainty, only conviction and dedication.

Religion is not my thing. All religions are right; it seems that they say the same things in different words, but the strife they are involved in leaves me without taste for it. Because I have faith in this Zen like order of things, success is a result of executing life effectively and diligently. For you Westerners, “Faith without Works is Dead.” Well I work, and I believe, and I am focused. So in my mind and in my heart, success will follow. And because I believe, I am able to do this at midnight, and be happy about it.

Well, I have to wake up at 6 and go networking. Since I paid $35 for the event and I am on a start-up budget, you better believe that I will be there. So good night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

del.icio.us: Save This Page