Monday, April 24, 2006

WOW!

WOW! I think I saw that word pop across my email box fifteen times today, usually in caps. The launch definitely caught a lot of people by surprise. Overall, the response was tremendous; I had to upgrade my outgoing email relay three different times today, with a total volume of close to 400 emails.

I started the company with one small piece of business as a sub-contractor on a friend’s new account, but after today it looks like I have two new clients coming my way, one of which was an old customer from my days at Widmeyer. Of course it’s never done until the customer signs on, but it still feels pretty good to receive such a positive response from the marketplace.

There are some strong people around me so that when the time is right, I will be able to grow intelligently and bring folks on. Definitely need to consider a name change if it's someone senior, probably to the tune of Livingston, xxx and xxx Communications. The key here is not to move too quickly, and perhaps have my growing Board of Advisors do some interviewing.

Now that the splash has been made it’s time to do the leg work. Had a few hits on the PR front today, which is great, and a colleague who is working with me on this subcontract nailed BusinessWeek. From a PR perspective, does it get any better than that? I am really happy for the client, they needed the momentum (not to mention the coverage) and in the end this will help them achieve their objectives.

On to a new day.

1 Comments:

Blogger Christopher1974 said...

Congratulations Geoff! I didn't even get to wish you well. Good to see you are using a blog as part of your business model.

Be sure to check out Hill Holiday's blog and IdeaMill -- other agencies that have successful blogs as part of their self promotion.

And with that: best of luck!

8:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

del.icio.us: Save This Page