Tuesday, May 09, 2006

He Forgot the M

Sometimes pulling aside in the middle of the day to write a blog entry represents a titanic effort, but at the same time those entries can be the most valuable because they show the mad throes of a start up. Today, I’ve already networked for new business, made an hour plus of media calls for my telecom client. With all of us pushing we have four new appointments to present to them today from past day and a half.

At 12, I will leave and hit the bank and deposit revenue on the way to client number two. There we will review the MAVA PPT draft. I think this will really help the client achieve their objectives at MAVA, and garner some interest, and am excited to meet with these folks. Now it is time to refine the PPT.

After client number two, I go to what I hope is a solidifying meeting for a new business prospect. Client number three is approving the creative brief, and is on pause today.

From the new business meeting, I will go to the gym. The gym is needed for stress relief, and I haven’t been in a while. Finally, home in the evening, answer burning issues, email and spend some time with my wife. Oh yeah, then there is this major RFP for a Fortune 100 pitch that needs to be written. The first draft is due to partnering cos. on Thursday. Break out the midnight oil ladies and gentlemen.

No pressure. Yes, a start-up is madness. But it is also exhilarating. The freedom, the opportunity, and the ability to really help out people that you like are all incredibly empowering aspects of a start-up. At the same time the success is humbling. I look at what I just wrote, and I can’t believe this is really happening. But it is, and I am grateful for the chances I have been given, and the people that have helped me get here.

1 Comments:

Blogger Wendy said...

Congratulations on the new business. I found you through DC Blogs... Best wishes!

2:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

del.icio.us: Save This Page