Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Hard Lessons

Very hard lesson today. Can't speak about it, can only say that it hurt physically, spiritually, emotionally. My stomach had so much acid I thought I was going to see a hole appear in my gut.

All I can say is my lesson is not put people in places where they cannot succeed. Capability and ego are often two different things, but rarely can a person see their own shortcomings. Instead it is much easier to blame someone else entirely. A very basic Dale Carnegie lesson I learned a long time ago. And now I have received an unwanted refresher. I guess that's as good a place as any to begin my Dale Carnegie leadership training next week.

Here are the customary links for you from the blogosphere:

Mommy Life discusses the Snickers ad departure (thanks to gay rights groups) from a different perspective. Regardless, one must assume Snickers got a ton of buzz from ths, and is now an edgy chocolate bar... Yeah.

A local ad agency, White and Partners just launched their blog, the Blah Blah Blah blog. The name is supposed to be a tongue in cheek swipe at talking heads blogs. Note my picture to the right. Whoops. This blog is very good, and has some flavor to it. I like how the whole agency is team blogging, giving you a wide variety of perspectives.

Escape from Cubicle Nation talks about needing to have a beginner's mindset when it comes to starting your own business. Forget the past, start again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

del.icio.us: Save This Page